Real Estate in North Vancouver - Lynnmour
Looking for a House, Condo or Townhouse for sale in the Lynnmour area of North Vancouver?
Click here to view all MLS listings in the Lynnmour area
Lynnmour is a neighbourhood undergoing growth and transition, with recent increased density under the Official Community Plan. Dean Wagner (member the Iain Edmonds Real Estate Team) has lived with his family in the Lynnmour area for many years, and is very proud to be part of this exceptional community. Here are just a few of the many things this area has to offer:
Lynnmour is comprised of Upper Lynnmour and Lower Lynnmour. Currently the upper portion is more townhouses and apartments and home of Capilano University. The lower portion is generally single-family detached houses with a large commercial component. The lower part is being designated "Lower Lynn" under the new OCP and will be home to many residential hi-rises and low-rises. The area offers many different housing types and some of the most affordable housing options in North Vancouver. The price per square foot of the real estate in Lynnmour is typically better than anywhere else in North Vancouver!
Parks and Recreation
- Inter-River Park with 8 soccer fields, bike terrain park, lacrosse box.
- Digger Park (great for the kiddies).
- Bridgeman Park which is an off-leash dog park alongside Lynn creek.
- The North Shore Equestrian Center.
- Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge.
- The Seymour Demonstration Forest which is now a park that offers a two way paved road (no vehicles) that is approximately 14km long which is great for biking or in-line skating, Rice Lake, the Seymour Dam, Fishermans Trail (amoungst many others), and the GVRD water filtration park.
- Skateboard bowl at Selynn Community Center.
- 3 ski mountains within 20 minute drive.
Shopping and Sevices
Great Canadian Superstore with a Subway, Pharmacy, Gas Station, Insurance, Banking, Medical Clinic. The Lower Lynnmour area has an abundance of commercial enterprises: Canadian Tire, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Mountain Equipment Co-op, Seymour Pub and Cold Beer and Wine, Pantry Restaurant, Wellness Spa, and PetsMart.
Community and Entertainment
Lynnmour is the home of Capilano University and the Performing Arts Theatre, Seylynn Community Center, North Shore Winter Club, Maplewood Farm, Park and Tilford Movie Theatre, Ron Andrews Community Center, many local Daycares.
The only elementary school is Lynnmour Elementary which feeds into Windsor Secondary. Capilano University is also in Lynnmour.
Major bus terminals are in Lynnmour: Phibbs Exchange and Capilano University. This is a major transit hub with regular buses running directly to: Downtown Vancouver, Lonsdale Quay, and West Vancouver.â€¨Lynnmour is right at the foot of the Iron Workers Memorial Bridge (Second Narrows) making it very convienient. You can drive into downtown Vancouver in 15 minutes.